Thursday, February 26, 2009

the elephant vanishes (murakami)




my hunger for Murakami goes on.

after dropping at the Powerbooks and seeing new Murakamis on the shelf. my fingers can't wait to skim through on one of them and that very moment,
i got The Elephant Vanishes.

It's another Haruki Murakami's collection of short stories. on the record, this would be my 10th book from him. at the back of the book this blurb goes:

"...Murakami makes this collection of stories a determined assault on the normal."

so somehow every short story could spice up my usual routine of going to a coffee shop. my cup by then would dance with my coffee and the smoke from my cig make love with the afternoon breeze.

although murakami's style is already registered in my system but not all of the stories hit me as the others. i can't really say that i like every piece but i do appreciate all of them---and apparently, my craving for a good read is satiated that keeps me afloat for a moment.
the top five short stories that i personally love in this collection are the following:

* on seeing the 100% perfect girl one April morning
* sleep
* the little green monster
* the second bakery attack
* barn burning


No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow my_hotmug

Bjork! Bjork! Bjork!

2

As Time Goes By

Trekkers