Friday, February 20, 2009

strange, but its true

imagine yourself without a cellphone.

pause.

hmn, ok...

now, got the idea?

well, i have one but i don't consider it a proper cellphone.
i have this not so prehistoric w800i, i bought it more than
2 years ago with my first official salary. one of the
Walkman phone hybrids of Sony Erickson. and since our Olanggo
excursion
last November 2008, i consider it half dead, sort
of paralyze. or let say decapitated.

i can't see anything on the screen.i can't see anything on the screen.i can't see anything on the screen.i can't see anything on the screen.i can't see anything on the screen.i can't see anything on the screen.I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING ON THE SCREEN, i can't see anything on the screen.i can't see anything on the screen.i can't see anything on the screen.i can't see anything on the screen.i can't see anything on the screen.i can't see anything on the screen.i can't see anything on the screen.

it started with recharging my phone before i slept. and
after waking up from my 8 hour beauty rest, i found my
phone seemingly lifeless. i consulted a phone doctor first
thing that morning, and he said it needs to be reprogram.
since it was overcharged--- as what he says.

how much is reprogramming? it will cost 500 bucks. ok. reprogram it.

the phone doctor reprogram it, and my phone is resurrected,
but just quite, since it got another illness. this time my
phone is blind. it only flashes a plain milky white screen. how
can i see the main menu, my messages, my contacts, my mp3
lists, my photos?

the phone doctor advises to replace the LCD. how much is
the replacement? Php1800. oh no way, that's too much. i rather
buy a new cellphone.

its already 4 months passed by. i still don't have a new
phone.

i don't know why, maybe because I'm aiming for the latest WSeries or this 5 mega pix cyber shot camphone. however, i don't have the cash, if only i got credit card, i'll swipe it right
there and then just the way Kenji in samurai x slain his villains mercilessly.

well, i can still make calls, and can receive inbound
calls. the thing is, my close contacts were caught off
guard when i answer their call saying: "kinsa ni palihug?
(whose this please?).

"Haler?! Liyo, si ______ ni!"

i cant read my txt msgs. i can feel my phone vibrates though.
and each time that happens i wonder who just remembered me.
my sexual conquest also declined because of it. spur of the moment dates are now the rarest case. got to run to the nearest PLDT or Globe payphone booth to make contact with.
i've memorized my significant other's number than mine. every time i try to reload, i need to fish out my organizer out from my bag to take hold of my number. its quite inconvenient that sometimes i walk out in frustration.

i've become ostracized from the matrix.

one of the good thing is that i can sleep properly. i don't get jittery about txt msgs that i may anticipate about. no more butterflies in my stomach when opening my inbox if somebody whose interesting txted me. i can't blame myself or anyone if i didn't make it on their meeting, birthday, party or whatever functions/get together that my contacts had.

downer: can't take proper pics.

brighter side: but i can listen to my mp3s. and can locate the FM radio station . im quite familiar how to maneuver the joysticks to lead me where my mp3s are like a blind man reading through a braille.

i'm quite shy with my phone nowadays. when someone asks my number or save their number with my phone, i always tell them its low batt.. hahaha

sorry guys,
now i confess, i got a defective cellphone in my pocket.


No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow my_hotmug

Bjork! Bjork! Bjork!

2

As Time Goes By

Trekkers