Tonight I got excited over the most unlikely activity: wondering what will happen to me and the whole world on September 09 this year. I got curious what happened for the previous date trio, those dates that repeat itself by day, month and then year.
Example January 01, 2001 = 01/01/01
I’ve searched Wikipedia with their current events portal and here’s what I’ve come up with.
– A black monolith measuring approximately 9 feet tall appears in Seattle, Washington's Magnuson Park, placed by an anonymous artist in reference to the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey.
– Dutch heir apparent Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange marries Máxima, Princess of Orange in Amsterdam.
- A man was arrested at a shopping mall in Guilderland, New York for refusing to remove a t-shirt which bore the slogan "Give Peace A Chance." He was charged with "trespassing 'in that he knowingly enter(ed) or remain(ed) unlawfully upon premises.'" He had purchased the shirt at the mall.
- Madrid -- suspected terrorists blow themselves up as police prepared to storm their apartment
– A United Kingdom general election results in the re-election of Tony Blair's Labour Party for a third consecutive term.
– Elisabeth Fraser, American television, film, and stage actress died (b. 1920)
- The 40th Anniversary High Mass of the Church of Satan occurred in Los Angeles, where satanists gathered from nine different countries to celebrate the day.
- The New Seven Wonders of the World are announced. These are The Great Wall of China, Petra in Jordan, the Christ the Redeemer statue in Brazil, Machu Picchu in Peru, Mexico's Chichen Itza Mayan site, the Colosseum in Rome and the Taj Mahal in India. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- The 2008 Summer Olympics starts with the 2008 Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony at the Beijing National Stadium. (The Christian Science Monitor)
***Well, nobody can tell.
Unless a Nostradamus protégé was already born among us..
Lots of lovin'
As Time Goes By
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (45)
- ► 2011 (67)
- ► 2010 (136)
- Sparkling lights and merry go round
- road trip; a whimsical ride
- clark, 15 days more to go..
- yet another Murakami's...
- date trio
- move up
- To do list:_____1.) Do the laundry
- in a deep hiatus..
- finally, veruschka find her home..
- Just that
- Lemme taste ur strawberries
- i think, that's all there is to it..
- ▼ August (13)
- ► 2008 (115)
- ► 2007 (220)
- ► 2006 (171)
- ► 2005 (209)