Friday, February 19, 2010

check, check, mic check..

when an apprehensive speaker or a singer is about to say
something on a microphone, a mandatory mic test has to be
done. when you are part of the audience, somehow this banal
gesture would set the environ to be attentive.

somehow, i also need that attention, now.

it's been ages ago since i write something about my state of being.
one of the many many reasons for that (aside from
being lazy and a big procrastinator) is being constantly
preoccupied. there was so many events, from one happening to
another. i got a space for a break though (usually on my smoke break), wherein i could
reflect about what had transpired and write something about
it but as soon as i touch the keyboards, it soon fade out

just like a wisp of smoke vanished into thin air..

that's the reason i usually post pictures instead as it will
just speak to itself and bring back memories which are
hiding at the dark corners of my head. first i had my micro journal then i created this blog
to let me be reminded of things of the past as i'm such a
forgetful person, also to inform my closed friends how am i doing..
thus the purpose of semi personal blog has
been stabbed in this site in the first place.

recently, I keep on rereading my old posts and it makes me
miss writing this kind of blog entry.

I've been here in Cebu as soon as my cognitive response
evaded my senses. although me and my family migrated from
one city to town to another city and another town until my
folks settled to Bantayan Island way back i was in my 3rd
grade. since then, i don't have any long time childhood friends as
we keep on migrating. maybe that's the reason why i love to
be left alone and commune with the constant things around
me, e.g. my dog (my late dog named Sherlock) and my marine
fish pets. i also love spending time by the shores and
spending my afternoon at the nearby lighthouse from our
house just to watch the sun set.

now, im back here in a small city called Cebu and i can't help but to feel so
ancient. i've really seen the city outgrew me as several
buildings spurt out just like mushrooms anywhere i stayed. i
once remembered a certain lot in asiatown IT park that some
2x2 coco lumber were set as a marker from that construction
site, then came the heavy equipment, followed by tons of
metals and cement then a gigantic building is looking at me
like a human to an ant.

to be honest, i've been staying here for so long to the
extend i have this inkling to move out. but i so damn love
this place and this keeps me from going anywhere. people
whom i love to be with are also based here and might be
sharing the same sentiments i have that they decided just to
stay as this is already a better place.

some had already set their anchor and some, just like me, they still bearing it with at our own
sailing boats. Cebu, mind you, is very viable to set your anchor. i wish i could have that notion be plastered on my mind. but no, i'm already saturated with the place and i already made
up my mind, to sail on.



i'm leaving around April, and if it's not for a better
at least it’s for good to my ever wanderlust soul.
the need for a change and new stimuli is always within me,
a craving animal that feast into fresh blood. it might cost me
a lot but at least will give it a shot.

who knows where this turning point will lead me to?
just maybe, it might be, a hermit can say

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow my_hotmug

Bjork! Bjork! Bjork!

2

As Time Goes By

Trekkers